Autumn Festivals and Christmas Markets in Tuscany
Autumn Festivals and Christmas Markets in Tuscany
The autumn and winter season in Tuscany is a celebration of colors and events dedicated to experiencing its cities and incredible landscapes to the fullest. Take advantage of mild days and weekends to explore small typical villages and towns.
Even better if you move close to events, fairs, and festivals.
Arezzo, the City of Christmas
A must for all Christmas enthusiasts is the event organized by the city of Arezzo every year: a grand fair full of artisan creations and stalls offering tempting dishes.
This year it will take place from November 18th, 2023, to January 1st, 2024.
What not to miss? The magical historic center of Arezzo, where you’ll find the “Prato delle Meraviglie” with a panoramic wheel to enjoy the view of the entire city from above, and traditional markets. Unmissable are the light installations, Christmas Brick Art, and the Tyrolean Village.
The largest Tyrolean market in Italy will be set up from November 18 to December 26, featuring 32 wooden chalets arranged around a large chalet. What will you find? Plenty of Christmas gift ideas, tree decorations, lights, typical Tyrolean beer, music, and gastronomic specialties. The little ones won’t be disappointed with Santa’s House, where themed workshops will be organized.
Let’s not forget about Arezzo Christmas Brick Art! What is it? A wonder that will please both young and old: the large LEGO Christmas Village, open to visitors from November 18 to December 26. Here, you will find over 400 square meters of exhibitions, shows, and workshops entirely focused on the world’s most famous building blocks, with themed areas and special initiatives.
Autumn Food and Wine Festivals in Tuscany
Here is a small list of festivals taking place in November 2023 in Tuscany, within driving distance from Castello di Gargonza, an excellent opportunity to organize a trip to one of the many wonderful villages in the region, spending a day immersed in good food and autumn colors.
- Autumnia from November 10 to 12, 2023, in Figline Valdarno (FI). A weekend getaway: less than an hour from Castello di Gargonza, a special fair dedicated to local products, focused on agriculture, environment, and food, featuring 25 local farms with their zero-kilometer products, 13 cooking shows in three days, and a zootechnical exhibition with over 50 farm animals.
- Market Exhibition of the White Truffle of the Crete Senesi from Saturday 11 November 2023 to Sunday 19 November 2023 in Montalcino, Siena.
The festival takes place in the heart of one of the most suitable areas for truffle harvesting in Italy. San Giovanni d’Asso, a charming medieval village surrounded by rolling hills and unspoiled nature, offers a refuge away from urban chaos and industrial activity. The white truffles collected here are all 0 km, collected exclusively by truffle hunters affiliated to the provincial association.
- White and Black Truffle Festival from November 4 to November 12, 2023, in the Municipality of Scarperia and San Piero in the province of Florence. Less than two hours’ drive from Castello di Gargonza: why not spend an entire day as true gourmets and try all the truffle-themed delicacies? There’s something for every taste, both white and black truffles.
- Feast of San Martino and Bringoli from November 11 to November 12, 2023, in the Municipality of Anghiari. In the province of Arezzo, about an hour’s drive from Castello di Gargonza, during the second weekend of November, the 35th edition of the Feast of San Martino and Bringoli will take place. The town of Anghiari, known for being the birthplace of Piero della Francesca and one of the most beautiful villages in Italy, will celebrate local gastronomy. You can indulge in bringoli, a traditional local dish: large spaghetti made with water and flour, handmade and served with rich meat or mushroom sauces. Also unmissable are sausages, traditional “brustichino,” and chestnuts, all washed down with generous new wine.
- Chestnuts and New Wine Festival from November 1 to December 10, 2023, in the Municipality of San Gimignano. Chestnut lovers can move to the province of Siena, an hour and a quarter’s drive away, to visit the wonderful village of San Gimignano and taste the queens of the season: chestnuts.
- Festival of Tortello, Porcini, and Chestnuts of Mugello from September 29 to November 19, 2023, in the Municipality of Vicchio. Unmissable autumn pearls that can be enjoyed for more than a month. Mugello tortelli are typical, filled with potatoes and served with various sauces, while porcini mushrooms and Mugello chestnuts are precious gifts of autumn, to be enjoyed as long as possible.
- National White Truffle Market Show from November 11 to November 26, 2023, in the Municipality of San Miniato. Head to the province of Pisa, an hour and a half away from Castello di Gargonza, to be delighted by autumn dishes based on white truffles. The fair, organized for several years now, is also an excellent time to buy truffle-based products and take advantage of Christmas gifts and ideas.
And for a dreamy overnight stay, after days filled with events and gastronomic delights, Castello di Gargonza has it covered.
Discover all the options for rooms and apartments in this dreamy historic location right away.